- ¼ pound snap peas, trimmed ends
- ¾ pound asparagus, trimmed tips (save stalks for another day)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1–2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 12 ounces of fettuccine (can substitute gluten-free pasta)
- ¾ cup Parmesan, grated and room temperature
- ½ cup plain Skyr Icelandic or Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoon fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
Slice snap peas and asparagus tips into ½ inch pieces.
Heat butter in saucepan. Sauté shallot, snap peas and asparagus tips. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in garlic for about one more minute. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper then let cool.
Cook pasta in boiling water, maybe 5–6 minutes until al dente. Can use fresh pasta. Then drain and transfer to a medium bowl and immediately toss with vegetables and herbs. Plate and top with Parmesan, yogurt and a sprig of tarragon. Mangia—a taste of spring!