- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces of fresh chickweed
- 1 ounce of fresh violet leaf
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- Olive oil and fresh parsley, for garnish
In a food processor, whip together the tahini and lemon juice until smooth and creamy. Add the chickweed, violet leaf, parsley, garlic, olive oil and salt.
Process for one minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add half of the chickpeas and process for one minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, adding the remaining chickpeas and process until smooth, about one to two additional minutes. For thicker hummus, add more chickpeas and a dash more tahini.
For more from Erika visit www.sovereigntyherbs.com, Facebook & Instagram: @sovereigntyherbs or @themedicinegardener.