- 8 cups peeled cored, and sliced apples
- 2 cups mixed fruits, berries, or rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose Flour
- 1 cup all-purpose Flour
- ½ cup well crushed ginger snaps
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, dice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine apples, and additional fruit, lemon juice, vanilla extract, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Gently toss until fruit is well coated. Let the mixture sit while you prepare the crumble topping.
3. For the crumble topping: in a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, crushed ginger snaps, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Stir together with a whisk. Mix in the butter with your fingers until the mixture comes together and you have big crumbles.
4. Place the apple mixture in a 9 by 13 pan. Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the apples. Bake on lowest rack in oven uncovered for approximately 45-60 minutes, or until the crumble is browned and bubbling. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: You can make the crumble in individual ramekins. You can also make the crumble ahead of time. Just store the unbaked crumble in the refrigerator and bake when ready! Store the crumble in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Serve with whipped cream, custard or ice cream.