- 2 large handfuls mixed herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, basil, and mint, washed, dried, and de-stemmed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ preserved lemon, rinsed and finely chopped (scroll down to see how to preserve your own lemons)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Roughly chop your herbs into one large pile. Add the garlic into the mix and continue chopping until the herbs are finely chopped and the garlic is nearly a paste. Spoon into a small serving bowl and whisk in the remaining ingredients. The oil should coat the herbs and pool around the sides of the bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, or more preserved lemon as desired. The flavor should be fresh and a little sour.
LEARN HOW TO PRESERVE YOUR OWN LEMONS WITH THIS VIDEO: