- 5-6 large parsnips, cleaned, cored and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 4-5 cups vegetable stock, or chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and white pepper
- 2 pears, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup apple cider
1. Cook parsnips and pears in stock until soft. When soft, blend until pureed then add one cup heavy cream. Stir, then season with salt and white pepper. Taste if it is too thick and add a little more stock or cream until you reach soup consistency.
2. At the same time you are cooking the soup, reduce cider down in saucepan over medium heat until it is a thick syrup consistency. Drizzle over soup at time of service.
Yields 6 servings