- 2 medium globe eggplants, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- ½ pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup roasted cashews, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat the oven to 475°.
Toss the eggplant with the olive oil and ½ teaspoon of the coarse salt. Place the eggplant in a single layer on a cookie sheet in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
Cook the green beans in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until they become crisptender, about 2 minutes. Drain. Transfer them to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain, and pat dry with paper towels.
In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vegetable oil, curry powder, the remaining salt and pepper. Toss the eggplant, green beans, cashews and cilantro with the dressing and serve immediately.
About this recipe
— Featherstone Farm, Rushford, Minnesota, as appears in Bounty from the Box: The CSA Farm Cookbook, by Mi Ae Lipe