- 1 large bunch curly leafy Kale, taken off ribs and sliced into ribbons
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 heaping tablespoons of orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 medium sized shallots, coarsely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Other optional additions, sliced pears or apples, dried apricots, and toasted walnuts or pecans
1. Place kale ribbons into a serving bowl
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and shallots, When shallots are soft, add the oil, marmalade and vinegar. Cook and stir until fragrant and softened.
3. Remove from heat; add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
4. Drizzle warm vinaigrette evenly over kale; toss to coat. Top salad with pomegranate seeds and dried cranberries and any other optional ingredients.