- 6 cups chicken stock (store bought is fine, but get low sodium so you can flavor it yourself), plus more if needed to thin the soup the next day
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Meat of 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
In a large saucepan, season the stock with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Transfer 1 cup of the hot stock to a blender. You’ll temper the egg yolks here, adding them to the blender with ½ cup of the rice and the lemon juice. Purée until smooth. Stir the purée back into the simmering stock along with the chicken and the remaining 1½ cups of rice. Simmer until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately with a generous sprinkle of fresh dill.
This soup is even better the next day but may need a top off of more chicken stock as the rice will absorb more liquid as it sits.